Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arijit (Management trainee)     15 December 2011

Power of attorney

Dear All,

I am uncertain regarding a problem which I am facing as of this moment.

My brother is going purchase a flat which is clear and free from all encumbrances from a London based NRI. Now, being a NRI, he stays in London and naturally he needs to give a specific Power of Attorney to a particular Individual in India, who shall receive the consideration money from us and execute the Registration process. 

Now, my Qs. is how a person shall register the Specific POA in London or in case in India, when both Principle and authorised agent are staying at two different places.

Also please note that the NRI staying in London is not in a position to come to India.

I would request all of you to provide your valuable comments.

Regards
Arijit 

Learning

1 Replies

ramgopalpadala (Document Writer)     18 December 2011

Dear Arijit !

Your Brother has to send Special Power of Attorney (mentioning Flat details)  by signing on it. And Attest it with NOTARY PUBLIC in LONDON and send it through International post. (Not E-mail or Fax). After sending the SPA, you have to pay stamp duty in District Registrar office. In Sale deed of Flat, your brother agent in India has to put signature onbehalf of your brother and present the SPA in sub-registrar office.

Regards,

Rams

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register