LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aananth   07 April 2022

Power of attorney

For selling a plot by power of attorney by registered deed, what precaution must take? May I handover the Original Document to him?

Experts please guide.

Learning

7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 April 2022

In 2011, the Supreme Court ruled that property sale through power of attorney (PoA) is illegal and only registered sale deeds provide any legal holding to property transactions.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     07 April 2022

Sale transactions through general power of attorney is not vaid in eye of law but sale deed can be registered through registered power of attorney.holder.

aananth   07 April 2022

Thanks Expert.

I have given registered power of attorney to Mr. 'X' recently. Expecting sale deed throughh him. In case of default or delay, what is the remedy.

Regards

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 April 2022

What is the reason for executing the conveyance through a PoA. Is this 'X' is a close relative? If not, what is his status?

aananth   08 April 2022

Dear Expert,

He is from same native place.  It is to sell that residential plot within Municipal limit.

Regards

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 April 2022

You are yet to disclose the material facts. Is the person a builder or the so-called dev eloper?

aananth   10 April 2022

The plot extent is for a single dwelling. The person is not a builder, known to my family members.

Thanks Expert.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register