LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Preetpal singh Guliani (ADVOCATE)     20 June 2008

Power of Attorney

can u please suggest me any judgement saying that if  the SAME trial court lawyer goes in appeal to the high court in FAO he has to file a fresh vakalatnama in appeal.
thanking you

Learning

11 Replies

Rohit Krishan Naagpal (Advocate)     20 June 2008

As per law it is not required but u still ned it as per highc ourt rules !

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     20 June 2008

There are no judgment with repect to that as far i know, may be our friends will comeup with one. But it is a procedural aspect. As there is the procedure followed in general while filing appeals in highcourt they tend to as for vakalat, as the vakalat in the lower court doesnot form part of the case record which will be sent to high court on appeal call.

(Guest)

It is practice issue, and changes from court to court.

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     22 June 2008

yes you said the point

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     22 June 2008

I think Mr. Kotresh MG is correct. Each HC has specified rules in all matters. It may be different. As law says there must be either a memo of appearnece or Vakkalath. for appearence before the Hon.HC Adv.K.C.Suresh

arunprakaash.m. (advocate)     23 June 2008

only nomencalture is different . there is no difference between vakalathnama and memo of appearence.

pawankumardhanuka (laywer)     28 June 2008

there is no judgments

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     28 June 2008

there are no judgments

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     29 June 2008

dear friend,

there r no specific judgments in this regard, but if u c the top of the Power of Attorney or Vakalatnama......its a court specific.

when u change the forum or the hirearchy of court then u ll ve to file a fresh one.

Guest (n/a)     29 September 2008

Hello

I want know about General Boby Meeting in Church's

1.procedure

2.law

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     29 September 2008

in cal HC commissioner will reject and refused affirmation and computer will not allow numbering of case if voka is not there.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register