LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KAMLESH TOLANI (IT)     04 March 2010

Power of Attorney

I am staying abroad and want to purchase a flat in Pune.  For registration of flat,  i want to give POA to my father who stays outside Pune. Can I draft a POA from my hometown (i.e. outside Pune) or do I need to send it from abroad.

Please provide the  steps I should follow.



 6 Replies

Mani Narayanaswamy (Lawyer)     04 March 2010

You can execute a power of attorney in the place where you are staying and get it attested by the Indian Consulate. In the alternative, you can get the power of attorney notarised in the place where you are residing and get it adjudicted in India.

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     05 March 2010

I agree with Mr.mani Narayanaswamy

Arati Gawde ( Legal )     06 March 2010

Yes,  Agree with Mr.Mani Narayanaswamy

KAMLESH TOLANI (IT)     07 March 2010

Thanks for the help... Another ques. related to this.

If i send a POA signed by Indian consulate in the name of my father, can he notarize it outside Pune, or he has to notarize it (the POA) in pune for registering flat on my behalf??

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     07 March 2010

You can use the power of attorney attested by a counsulate outside side India or a power of attorney attested by a Notary Public there. It is valid .

Mani Narayanaswamy (Lawyer)     08 March 2010

You either get the POA attested by the consulate or notarise it in the place where you are residing. You need not notarise the POA after having executed before the Consulate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register