LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin singh (QA)     02 January 2012

Possession of only my flat is being given,out of city area

Hi Sir,

Possession of my flat was getting delayed. I asked for compensation for delay. Now to avoid compensation My builder is handing over possession of my flat only. To other people possession will be given 2 months later. Project is out of city, there are more than 10 buildings and i will be living alone there in all deserted buildings.

So what should i do? Is this legal to give possession for one flat only? Shall i accept possession.

Sachin Singh


 3 Replies

kumar (NIL)     02 January 2012

Hi Sachin,

If there is any clause mentioned in your agreement or deed (whatever it is), then you can ask for the compensation to the builder.  And if the builder is ready to give the flat, you can have take the possesion immediatly. But I suggest you to take an Occupancy Certificate from the Buildier for your flat. 

sachin singh (QA)     02 January 2012

Thats right...but i want to ask staying alone in 10-15 buildings???? Are builders allowed to give possession of one flat only. 

kumar (NIL)     02 January 2012

Yes, but they will not give. You should ask for the same. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query