LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kuldeep Singh   12 April 2022

Possession letter ?

Our office audit team asking for some documents of home loan for income tax purpose like

1. Possession letter

Actually i taken plot + construction loan from bank and construction work is completed and plot is converted house but i do not have possession letter as this document has not been given to me from JDA, Jaipur but I am confused whether I should give this document or not.

Some of my friends are saying that it happens only in case of flats. Please guide me ?

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 April 2022

Though the timeline varies from state to state, once you submit the application form a verification will be conducted under the supervision of the concerned officer. If everything goes right, upon verification you will usually get the possession certificate within 7 days.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 April 2022

How did you get possession of plot from JDA without allotment?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 April 2022

You can file RTI Application seeking for a copy of such occupancy certificate enclosing tax paid receipt.  The reply with the Tax paid receipt, and address proof is enough for the purpose of IT.  You can show the letter from JDA in original to your employer to satisfy them the fact.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 April 2022

Audit may take any view. What is the opinion of your office?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register