Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pankaj   08 January 2016

Possession and occupancy certificate not getting at same tim

Hi all, 

i m nri. i have booked flats in bangalore.as per agreement builder will give possession to me on dec.2017, currently  project is under construction. in agreement  builder will develope all aminities  after hand over  the flats to buyer.  so may be after 1 or 2 year they could be getting occupancy certificate. as per agreement  delayed compensation  is rupees 4 per sqft  of super built up area.

as per my knowledge it is totally illegal. ( bangalore bruhut municipal corporation bye-laws 2003 one cannot enter into property until   there is no occupancy certificate. so one can not start to living in the property or not  put  tenants too. as per bye-laws builder  must give  oc and possession same time.

while i  chat with builder  and clearly i told to builder  that i will not taking possession from you or  will not going for registration too  if you not giving me occupancy certificate on possession.

my guessing is that if builder  could not get occupancy certificate  for 3 years then can i ask   builder to give me compensation ? rs 4 compenstion asper agreement is not acceptable to me  bcoz at that time i have been paid  re  more tha 50 lacs. i will  loose big amount.  ( bcoz agreement is writeen one sided builder side only,)

my question is have i rights to not to take possession without occupancy certificate ? builder can force me to take possession without occupancy certifiacate ? should i get  atleast  interest  or  market rent as compensation  instead of rupees 4 as per  agreement?

should i lodge a complaint against builder with consumer forum or should i  go through lawyer and file a case in court? ( i think it is very lanthy procedure) what step should i take for my safer invesement?

plase i  hope detailed and  proper advice from  experts.

thanks

pankaj

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     09 January 2016

Occupancy Certificate is issued by the Municipal Corporation after the building is fully completed as per the approved plan which has been passed by the Municipal Corporation. The issuance of Certificate does takes time. You can ask the builder to give you the copy of the application form which they have given to the municipal corporation for obtaining Occupancy Certificate.

Thereafter, you can follow up with the concerned municiapl officer to get the updates on Occupancy Certificate for your building. It is the duty of the builder to get the Occupancy Certificate issued before handing over the possession.

Regards

Adv. Rohit M. Dalmia

pankaj   09 January 2016

Hi sir dalmia,

thanks for ur reply .

my question  is  that my  flats is in under construction now. builder will not hand over flats me   with  occupancy certificate and possession same time.

should i wait to finish the construction first  once i get possession letter from builder without occupancy certificate then i should start  consumer court  procedure or  contact lawyer and file a case against builder or should i take steps now? what type of steps ?

please reply .

thanks

pankaj

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register