New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh Kumar   24 September 2023

Pondicherry citizen residency

I am from Tamil Nadu I am married a women from pondicherry,I will get pondicherry residency r how do get residency any way is there help me to find honourable lawyers....



 5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 September 2023

There's no such difficulty to get residential certificate for Pondicherry.

But without migrating to Pondicherry you cannot think about it.

Just because you have married a woman from Pondicherry you cannot get a nativity or residential certificate of Pondicherry 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     24 September 2023

Women who are married to a permanent resident of Pudducherry are eligible to obtain a residency certificate.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     24 September 2023

Both Puducherry and Tamilnadu are in India. If one goes to Puducherry and stays there for sufficient time, one can get voting rights and domicile of Puducherry.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 September 2023

You can get your name added to the family card of your husband;

You can change the aadhar card address to Pondicherry;

You can get the election identity card also transferred to Pondicherry address;

All these identity proof documents will be sufficient for you to claim residential certificate in Pondichery 

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 September 2023

Every State/Union Territory has its own norms for granting domicile certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register