LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Plshelpmee (sdf)     07 January 2013

Polygamy bigamy

with reference to the above links, can i file bigamy case against my muslim husband, who married another muslim lady (I am a muslim too) second time without my consent, I do not have any disease for him to say a reason. he chased me out of home and i hav a kid from him. can i file bigamy


 2 Replies

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     07 January 2013

Under Mohammedan Law polygamy is permissible.So i belive u cannot file complaint for bigamy. However u have right to claim maintenance and separate residence.

Rajesh Kulkarni (Advocate)     07 January 2013


Raffiq Sir’s advice is feasible go for claiming maintenance under section 125 of Cr.P.C



Rajesh Kulkarni

Advocate, Hyderabad


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register