LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shharraat   26 November 2015

Pollution noise and air


There is one querry regarding limitation in National Greeen Tribunal ( fileing of suit ).

There is one MCD community centre in East Delhi which is situated in the middle of very dense population ( resident area ) and have a very small size. This centre of MCd is in operation for around 12  years and due to parties and marriages in this community centre and lot of noise and air pollution created throughourt the night and a lot of fire crackers , sounds etc. are causing a ill effect on the health of resident of this area. MCD has not closed it down despite various complain. EVen local police,SDM, DC and Delhi pollution control committee has not done anything to stop noise and air pollution heare due to these patties .

Now my question is ...

1. What are the remedies available to the local resident for stopping  this nuisance and pollution .

2. Can we file a petition before NGT ( national green tribunal ) for the continuing air and noise pollution in this area by this community centre ? Please note that this is in operation for around 12 years and I think there is some limitation for filing suit before NGT.

Whether NGT can entertain our application or whether it can condone the delay for filing the petition ?


Please advise. ...



shharrat kashyap

Yamuna Vihar, Delhi -110053



 1 Replies

File complaint with magistrate. Hire a lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query