Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sureshinuae (Trader)     07 January 2012

Pollution control board - noise level check request

Hello all,

based on my previous post and the replies regarding external loudspeaker menace, I have been asked to approach karnataka Pollution Control Board ( KSPCB).

I requested the officer incharge of my area to conduct noise level check in my area and preferably at my premises during 7 to 7.30 when the noise is peak.

The officer at KSPCB says that the Police have to write to him and request the noise level check to be done, then only he can initiate the process.

Is this correct ?

I,  as a civilian / individual , can I  request KSPCB to conduct noise level check or not?

If I have the right to get a noise level check done, how should I approach this officer of his higher ups?

Please advise.

Thanks and regards

 2 Replies

G.Nagarajeshwar Rao (Advocate)     09 January 2012

Dear friend! You can approach the nearest pollution control board, which is in your district.. and give an application narrating all the things and you can request them to conduct the test...



You can get the  noise level checked up by the local Pollution Control authorities, provided that you agree to bear their charges for the same.  Give them a  request letter in writing with copies to their higher ups.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query