Need assistance in getting Pollution Certification for Iron & Steel Scrap Import for the purpose of custom clearance. Kindly let me know the procedure and from where I can apply the same.
Rajesh Hazra (Mediator Mediation Counsel) 18 April 2012
Contact the Pollution Control Authorities for their guidance in this matter and apply for Trade Licence, and if you are still unable to proceed then contact a good local Lawyer and take his advice.
aqsiqlawyer (china AQSIQ ) 15 May 2012
the certification you want is called AQSIQ,
To apply for registration, a foreign supplier shall satisfy the following requirements:
(1) possessing the legal operation qualification in the country (region) to which the foreign supplier belongs;
(2) having a permanent business premise;
(3) being familiar with and abiding by the laws, regulations and rules of China regarding inspection, quarantine and environmental protection;
(4) having been granted the ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification or the RIOS certification;
(5) guaranteeing that the products of the foreign supplier satisfy the compulsory requirements of the national technical specifications of China as to safety, hygiene and environmental protection, which are applicable to the types of Waste-sourced Raw Materials that the supplier applies for registration;
(6) possessing relatively stable supply sources and having the measures for control of environmental protection quality of the sources;
(7) having no gross safety, hygiene and environmental protection problem within the latest 3 consecutive years; and
(8) possessing the capacity to apply for registration and declare for pre-shipment inspection on the Internet, and possessing radiation detection devices and other corresponding basic facilities and inspection capacity.
In order to apply for registration, a foreign supplier shall provide the following materials:
(1) a printed registration application which is generated from the “System for Electronic Supervision over Inspection and Quarantine of Imported Solid Wastes that Can be Used as Raw Materials”;
(2) the notarized taxation registration documents, and the notarized commercial registration documents (if any);
(3) a statement regarding institutional framework, departments and post responsibilities;
(4) the ichnography of the permanent business premise on which dimensions are marked, the ichnography of the processing site (if any), and the video files or 3 or more than 3 photographs which can comprehensively embody the actual scenes of the aforesaid premises and sites; and
(5) the color copy of the certificate of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification or the RIOS certification, and the relevant operational guides.
The submitted written materials shall be either a text in Chinese or a text in any foreign language attached with the equivalent Chinese version.
Suite 2003, CITIC Building, 19 JianGuoMenWai Street
Chao Yang District, Beijing, 100004, P.R.C.
Murugan V 03 August 2015
I hope you are doing good.. this is Murugan V. from chenni. I would like to start a new business in same line (Importing Iron&steel scrap). I hope you have started your business. it seems you posted this question around 3 years back. So you are senior business woman in this sector. please give me the list of certificates and approvals required to start this business..
Prem Aggarwal 03 September 2018
Need assistance to get pollution certificate for metal scrap import.
Prem Aggarwal 12 March 2019
Hi, I Prem Aggarwal also looking for a pollution certificate agent other please don't bother.
jani (proprietor) 18 January 2020