Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Police verfication for govt job

Dear Sir,
i m selected in a government department of UP in OBC category. i had my domicile and also caste certificate for the same. But due to my father's job i had completed all my schooling from Uttarakhand and later on done my from UP. and presently also my parents are residing in uttarakhand but we use to go our up address on vacations and all. i had voter id of uttarakhand. whereas the address mentioned in my domicile and caste certificate is of UP, where all my relatives live as a combined family. also my father hav the bank accounts and property in the same area.
now as per my knowledge from internet, police verification will be sent to the address mentioned in my certificates. In that case what to do, if they will ask me resident proof and id proof of that address. please help

 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 December 2013

For any government job, the verification of character and antecedents of the candidate is essential, in case the police visit your UP address, since you said that your relatives are still living there, ask them to inform you or the verifying police the details sought for by the police. There is nothing wrong in you shifting your residence from UP to Uttrakhand, moreover the new state was bifurcated from UP so this may not be of much trouble, you may give an explanation later on  with details about the circumstances under which you had to shift your residence to Uttarkand.

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     25 December 2013

Rajneesh you are living in uttarakhand only because of yours father job is there rest of your relative are living in UP , The police will come and verify your address, and character from your neighbour, also check any case civil or criminal pending against you in the court or not , tell your relative to give all details of your or inform you and later you can meet the police official and give him all details .

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     25 December 2013

Usually,the verification will be done with the address given in the application.You have not stated which address you have given.Neverthless be it in the present address or in the UP address no harm will be done,sonce in both the places,your address and the conduct could be verified.Don't get anxiety.


Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for replying me. Your reply had really gave me the relief as u r a legal person....thanks allot, will follow ur suggestion.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query