police station entry book

Police arrested me based on false 498A and kept me in station for 4 days (Friday afternoon to Monday evening) and did not take me to court. On 4th day evening they released me from station becuase my wife has withdrawn the case.

During these 4 days police constables who were on duty use enter the names of the persons who are in the police custody. So my name was entered in that book.

So I wanted to know what they call that book in which they enter the names of the person who are in the police custody? If I know what they call this book then I can file for RTI (Right To Information Act).

Retired employee.

File application to SPIO, Supdt., of Police and seek information as follows:

Information solicited:

1)Please provide the procedure being adopted for recording the names of persons kept in custody at Police stations, with all such registers maintained and precautions /procedural guidelines for recording entries in books etc. with all technical terms being used.

2.Please provide information as to whether such information has to be provided to higher authorities also, and such custody needs reporting and supervision by higher authorities.

3)Please provide certified extract of the laid down procedure as per Police manual.

Check website of District Police for RTI format and fees, and you may apply for such information through some friend or  relative to keep your name confidential.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x