police refuses to launch fir.

Local police station as well as Commissioner of police has refused to launch FIR in case of theft u/s 378 IPC so whom should I approach next?

application u/s 156(3) ipc to the magistrate. then magistrate can direct to register your FIR. For further details of format or procedure
kindly contact 9971841160

Deputy Manager

Section 378 IPC applies where , moveable property has been stolen. So, please first of all, clarify your case. Otherwise, it will be treated as time pass.


If police refuse to register FIR in that case you have an option to file private complaint in the court after hearning court may direct police to register FIR or magistrate will conduct trial in the case.



You should file complaint in the court for registration of FIR under section 156(3) Cr.P.C. Feel free to contact at sunayana122@gmail.com for further assistance.

In legal terms, the police is to register the FIR in case of any cognizable offence within their territorial jurisdiction. 

If all your actions go in vain and the authority illegally refuses to lodge your FIR, you could file a complaint before Judical Magistrate/ Metropolitan Magsitrate under sec 156(3) CrPC directing the police to register the FIR. 


if police refuse to register your complaint, then you should go to the local court having jurisdiction, and file the complaint case u/s 156(3) of Cr P C the Hon.magistrate can direct the police to register the FIR & investigate the matter.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu