LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ganesh (NONE)     08 February 2012

Police not filing charge sheet



My brother in law wife field False 498A case 6 months back  we got AB from court.  Police still not filed charge sheet police is not giving any answer when we ask them about charge sheet. they are saying there is no time for them and waiting for  evidence. could you please advise me how i should proceed further. 

we are attending courts regularly. Is there any way that we could stop going court until charge sheet.

when she filed false 498A  police arrested my brother in law,  police have not offered any counseling and kept him police station for 2 days. in the remand report they mentioned that on credible information police went to accused house and arrested and same day they have sent him to remand. here also police confirm that they have not conducted any counseling as per supreme court order. 

now 498a wife saying she do not have any evidence and is ready to withdraw case if we pay some money. we do not want to pay any money . we also met commissioner of police but still there is no progress. 

could please advise us how we should proceed further.

thanks for your advice.



 2 Replies


Be patience, Maximum time of filing chargesheet is of 3 years.

All knows that 98% dowry cases are fake one, That's the main reason no action taken by police.

If you have any evidence for cross defense and Defamed by their actions.

Then better cross-case them and It's a good decision that you don't want to pay a single penny to them.



Abhinatre Gupt.


PS: If they are wrong then they have to bent down on knees not you.        ;):)

ravi shankar (consultant)     10 April 2012

what happens if no charge sheet is filed within 3 years

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query