LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Police inquiry report

Can someone tell me how to move further in a situation where court has already ordered police to conduct inquiry and submit a report to court and yet police haven't done anything. Before that we filed police complaint in police station 3 months ago yet no one came to even ask us what happened ? So based on that i filed a private complaint in court  and yet police didn't do anything. Based on that court took the matter into cognizance and ordered police to submit report to court. Now this is 4th month and yet police haven't done anything. I know there is a clause of contempt but under what provision i should make this application. I would appreciate proper guidance.

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     08 March 2015

Dear, There is no contempt in it.... Its just that police is taking his own time and all ...... Ask the court to direct the police to file the complaint immediately ..... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Kapil Chandna
Dear,

There is no contempt in it.... Its just that police is taking his own time and all ...... Ask the court to direct the police to file the complaint immediately .....

Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Sir police is under the influence of opposition and that is why they haven't even started any investigation despite of complaint being filed 4 months ago. So do i ask court to ask police to submit report under section 156 ?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     08 March 2015

You can pray to the court to give order to seniors in police hierarchy.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 March 2015

You can file another petition before the same court mentioning the lethargy of the police and seek an expeditious report.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register