LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RKP (self)     07 July 2011

Police Complaint Advice

Yesterday my father was walking along the road near our residence when a stationary vehicle a little ahead in front of him was reversed by its driver. Since it was directly coming reverse rapidly in front of my father he moved back fast to avoid collusion and in that got hurt in his foot by a bicycle kept aside and started bleeding extensively.

Then an argument followed between my father and the driver.
The driver refused to accpt his mistake and lied that he had given the horn while taking reverse.

My father asked the driver to take him to hospital but then the driver fled.

The vehicle is a maruti van and is seen in that area frequently when it comes to drop home the school

going childrens.

Can I file a police complaint against the driver.
If yes then on what points can I file the police complaint?


 4 Replies

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     07 July 2011

Dear RKP,

First of all i would like to know that whether your father has been admitted or treated at hospital if so, what he has stated there as the reason for his injury. If the reason he stated at the hospital is the same as you have mentioned before, you can very well file a complained before the concerned police station with the supportive documents to charge the driver against rash and negligent driving and there after he can approach the Motor Accident Claim Tribunal for the compensation for the damage caused.

1 Like

RKP (self)     07 July 2011

Thanks Sajeev for the reply.

My father got treated at hospital himself.

Since the veins of foot got cut the bleeding was intensive and he had to take two stiches at a cost of 1000+.

He mentioned the doctor the same thing whatever I have mentioned in the query.

RKP (self)     07 July 2011

My father just talked to the driver again and the driver said that he will pay for the medications by 10th of this month by coming to my house.
But the driver refused to give his address and his phone number saying that his phone number does not work.
Any suggestions on this.

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     29 July 2011

First of all file a complaint against the driver and in the complaint state that the delay was due to medical treatment taken as that would amount to manuplation afterwards because delay caused would rather amount to manuplation and fabrication.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register