Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PATRUNI SRINIVASA RAO (MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR)     27 May 2010

POA to be registred or not for Purchasing property

Dear Friends

For Purchasing a property POA is issued to his father to purchase the Plot and the POA is not registred

and the Buyer is in abroad

Is this transcation is legal or not

Learning

9 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     27 May 2010

POA need not be registered. However if such POA is executed outside India then it must be adjudicated with proper stamp duty.

1 Like

PATRUNI SRINIVASA RAO (MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR)     28 May 2010

Thanks for the immediate reply sir This POA document was issued to my Father when i went vacation

rajagopal venkataraman (Managing Director)     28 May 2010

In tamilnadu ,sale deeds are registered with unregistered POA.is there any solution to overcome this problem.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     28 May 2010

What problem Mr Rajagopal ? Please clarify about the query , who is having an unregistered POA, is it the vendor or the vendee?

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     28 May 2010

There must be a condition to register the Power of Attorney deed, for executing sale deeds by power agents 

PATRUNI SRINIVASA RAO (MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR)     28 May 2010

Dear All

For purchasing property thru his represantative (Relative) POA no need to be registred

Can you Please conform this statement  whether right or wrong

Thanks Mr Vishal,

i have got a unregd  POA from my relative who is at bombay .I want to sell some properties on their behalf .i have got the selling power clause in the POA.I understand that  the local Sub -registrar does not entertain unregd POA as per their Go from the IG of Regn .Please find a solution

Rajagopal Venkatarman 

The POA was executed in Chennai when they were here and the POA has been notorised

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     28 May 2010

In Karnataka Power of Attorney is not registrable document but if the power is given for a sale of an immovable property to the Attorney, then it should be compulsarily registrable.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register