LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KRISHNAMOORTHY (n/a)     11 January 2008

plz help!

i am a hindu women married in my community with parental pressure for 2 years and we have a daughter aged 1.since i dont wish to continue with my husband i would be seeking a divorce from him on the grounds of cruelty but as i came to an understanding that there are cases which are almost in the court for 7 to 10 years i am worried that my case would also be stuck as my in laws are very rich and respected.in todays world money runs so i was thinking to file a divorce and go to another country.i wanted to know as to can a person voilate u if u are in any other country or can he tell that she's my wife and force me back to india using the other nations police and custody?

Learning

2 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     11 January 2008

There is absolutely no problem for you to travel abroad. Your husbnad cannot force you to come back nor can he legally make you deported from another country.

Regarding your query on divorce, in case you are filing it in a family court, your presnece is required for conciliation. Hence you cannot file a petition for divorce and reside abroad.

It is better you seek divorce by mutula consent from your husband.

Regards,

Prakash

anupam_advocate (n/a)     13 February 2008

It is better you seek divorce by mutula consent from your husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register