LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NAIM SIDDIQUI (not working)     14 April 2013

Plz advice what should i do?

My wife lives in Indore with her parents since marrige about 5 yrs and i lives in kanpur.When i ask to ive with me and my family She denied and say i cant live there if u want to live with me come to Indore and live with my family as ghar jamai or near my parenatal home when i am not agree she filed a case og maintanance under Crpc 125.

then after legal advice i failed a case of RUKHSATI in Kanpur Court and court issue a summon on 27 March 2013,Summon has been delivered but its recieving (A.D.) not return back to the court so date was cancelled and court gave a next date next after 15 days but again A.D. did'nt come back. So plz ADVICE WHAT SHOULD I DO?

My Advocate is not giving sach a good advice and demanding Rs.500/- every date to send again summon.


 7 Replies

shriks........... (healyhcare)     14 April 2013

1. go for by hand delivery catch a bailiff in local court of indore and let summon be delivered by hand.....

you need to help the bailiff with chai pani......

ajay sethi (lawyer)     14 April 2013

if summons has been   delivered and AD not received address letter to Gneral Post office of kanpur as to status of summons sent by registered post ad . mention date of sending letter and other particuulars . visit personally GPO office

radhika (housewife)     14 April 2013


Hi Ajay, pls  tell and i want to know...if we send summon or notice via AD, and are not receiving by the respondent ... so the summon/notice return to the court file or it comes to the Post office? 


Becuse as per my lawyer he has sent the summon via AD, and he says tht if they wont have accepted then it would have returned to the court file...  by checking neither the notice/summon has returned to my file which is in the court so means tht the respondent has accepted/received it  .... i asked  becuse the respondent is not appearing in the court...  

NAIM SIDDIQUI (not working)     14 April 2013

but summon posted by court so how can i get recieving?

Deep_blues (Engineer)     15 April 2013

@ Naim Siddiqui and Radhika,

Now a days delivary report of Registered post is available at the official website of department of postal service. Go to the court registry office, offer a lil amount to the clerk handling summons and get the Regd letter number. Search at home and take print out. I used it in my own case and got correct judgement. It is accepteable in courts. for further details u cn call me on 08934907690. best of luck

NAIM SIDDIQUI (not working)     19 April 2013

@ Need i didnt file divorce petition yet

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query