Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Pls reply.... trap for me probably

Hi Guys,

I am on interim bail from Punjab and Haryana high court.

Some days back, there was hearing for my bail in High Court. Girls lawyer stated there that the mediator assigned by HC is drifting case towards divorce whereas girl wants to settle her life with the boy. But in fact, girl came for mediation only 2 times out of 6 mediation dates.

So high court asked to add 1 more mediator and try for reconciliation between 2 parties if possible. But, i am not ready to take her back at all.

Now on 5th Feb 2013, girl suddenly came from her place to Police station where i resides and IO called my mom that girl's party is here in police station and he asked my mom to come there in 5 minutes. My mom said that my son is out for some work and we will come once he is back. He started pressurizing us to come to PS urgently. Eventually we went, he said that take girl back to ur home. We denied this and said first we will prove that we are innocent and there is no point of taking her back.

After this IO started saying ok then bring the dowry articles which you have and complete the recovery part. I said ok give me some time like 1 or 2 days and fix any day and i will return those articles.  But girl and her mom started abusing me and my mother and they kept on pressurizing IO to make a report now that boy's side is not willing for recovery. I said  i am ready but pls give me a day or two.... IO was also insisting to do it right now...... It was raining very heavily here and i again asked him to give me time. Eventually, after abusing me and my mother no of times girl said that recovery will be done when she wants.....so she will inform IO 2 days prior for recovery and then it will be done.

I said OK. 

Now my question is , I have only 3-4 items of girl with me which i am willing to give it back. But she has submitted a total false list and has made this case a game of 21 lacs... and in fact we only 11-12 ppl went for marriage and no dowry was exchanged at all.

Can any1 suggest how should i handle this situation.

I feel police and girl is making a new trap for me to fall into it.......
Seniors, pls guide me what should i do.....Police was doing nothing when girl and her mother were shouting and abusing us. I feel police is totally supporting her. What shall i do ?

Sometimes i feel now that in fact taking no dowry is a crime......because i did not took even a single penny  and now i feel those ppl are never trapped who took dowry.....Very annoyed with this Indian Judiciary system.

BR, Mani 

Learning

12 Replies

(Guest)

exactly, you made a valid point, to tackle this legal extortion, taking dowry during marriage is the only way.

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     07 February 2013

Mani, same is the case with me, had we taken dowry of hefty amount and should have made marriage expenses also borne by them, this way they will think twice that if marriage goes into divorce, they need to spend for remarriage which is tough to afford, and would act sensible.

Judiciary is so biased, taking dowry is crime, but moment wife is married, she is eligible of husband property. So blind, and no sense prevails in indian law.

(Guest)

Yes Mani....We are the actual victims and no body is listening to us despite of our efforts. I have been running from pillar to post from last 6 months and it seems that no body is interested to do their work properly neither police, nor judiciary.....

I feel like born in a wrong country :(

BR, Mani

pls help soon (asst manager)     07 February 2013

can you take the IO at your side by offering him something. just tell him that it's better to give him something instead of to your wife. taking IO into your side may help you. it's happen only in India, give it a try.

(Guest)

Tried this already, but IO always takes their side.....even after taking money from me :(

stanley (Freedom)     08 February 2013

@ author 

When they were abusing and shouting at you why didnt you gather the evidence by recording the same and asked the SHO to file a complaint against them . IF he refuses write to the Police commissioner or send a letter by registered A.D about the same . Once you have the evidence its easier to trap them . 

As you say that she is asking for more than what you have . While returning the articles on a stamp paper take their acknowledgement of the same along with 2 witnesses and mention at te end of the same that whatever you had has been returned and the list which they have sumbitted is false hence you are not aware about the other articles and ask them to produces the bill copies from where they have purchased the same ( original bills with sales tax/VAT  paid ) Since these are old bills and they would find it difficult to manipulate the same :-)

As the list is false Drag the owner who has issued the bills also into the whole episode :-) and when the case goes to court you can cross question them as well as the owner who has issued the bills 

Offering vitamin M to to SHO will only prove costly as he would drain you out again and again .  

Never Give Up (Fighter)     08 February 2013

Stay quiet and convey clearly that as case has been filed all transactions will happen via court only. Police will see if you are getting pressurized or not , if you do then they will ask lot of things. Same pressure tactics happened to me, i said clearly go ahead and file FIR no problem for me. And then police pressure never came to me or my familiy.

Dot give in to anyone's pressure.

(Guest)

Stanley,

In my case my FIL has 6 lady members in his home including his wife and he is well earning.

I am worried as he might have original (VAT paid)  jewellery bills  with him as he might have bought so much jewellery in past few years for his daughters, wife, DILs (or on the occasion of my marriage).

So what is the stand of judge, if they produce such original bills in court (but in reality those articles were never given to her daughter but they can falsly claim that) ??? Do husband has to pay against those bills ? Can judge put a condition on AB if they file 498a/406(with original bills) ?

Harsh (Manager)     08 February 2013

I think she has to prove that she gave it to you and they are still with you BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT.

only the initial actions (arrest fir etc.) are strongly in favor of woman, in the court it should be treated like a

criminal case and prosecution needs to prove its case.

you will of course use defence.

Harsh (Manager)     08 February 2013

on the same topic, I had posted a thread 'Burden of Proof' where lot of experts had commented  pls check it.

(Guest)

harsh, check your PM please

Determined to get justice (Manager)     12 February 2013

Dear Author - we are also in same situation as you. But as "Never Give up" said , best way is not to give in to any pressure. The moment you show any sign of weakness, they will pounce on you like vultures! In our family's case, my bro tried to mediate/patch up. She was adamant and filed FIR, claiming exhorbitant false "marriage expenses and dowry payements" (ALL FALSE!) . She thought we will all get scared and pay up what she wanted!

But as a family we decided to seek the path of justice and applied for ABs for all and are willing to face investigation/trial. Mmy experience in the courts has been that the Indian Judiciary is still just and discerning. The Judges/PPs can assess when a party has been wrongly accused, merely for settling scores and they do not blindly go by the girl's dramatics/sob stories!!!. I am not a lawyer, but a victim of 498A - but I suggest you place your facts/version before the courts and let them take an informed decision.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register