LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anil trivandrum (business)     16 December 2010

pls help original lost

I have lost my original property document.It has not recovered yet.I cannot sale the property without any legal valid - authenticated document.My legal friends saying that I can get a CERTIFIED COPY from sub registrar office concerned prior to publish an advertisement in a popular local Daily.Also advised me that, clearly mention any information know any one about the Original Document which irrecoverably lost may submit to the Sub Registrar concerned,  should attach in the Ad.

           Friends..Sirs...please advice me that after doing all above,can I get a clear,salable,marketing,legal DOCUMENT?

           If not what is the remedy for my grievance?  
               Thanks in advance

                          with regards,
                            ANIL TRIVANDRUM


 10 Replies

Kushal Dhoot (student)     16 December 2010


you can contact that person from whom you have bought this property or you can contact the registrar only if you have registered your property...

From these sources you can get Xerox copy of your document.

GO to Police station and register a complain about your document which have got lost. So that no one can take undue advantage of these documents.

1 Like

anil trivandrum (business)     16 December 2010

Dear Kushal Dhoot,

                                your opinion about file complaint to police official is good. But the Law remembers us that any police official cannot intervene Civil matters like property matters. Then how a police official can enter into this matter.


SUSHIL DAVID (SR. ADMIN MANAGER)     16 December 2010

Dear Anil

you need to contact your local registrar/sub registrar office  to get the cetified copies. In case you dont have any details with you, you can access land records online  by serching it name wise.Most of the states in India, the land records are now availble online  (the details online I hope are updated). Certified doucments can be applied on the basis  of online information received. you can also apply for Indenture/sale deed etc through RTI


1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     16 December 2010

Apply for the certified copy of the same in the sub registrar office.  If you have any purchaser to purchse your property then issue public notice in the paper that " you want to sell the property if anybody has got objections, they may come to you within 7 days.  Any objections received after 7 days will not be entertained and binding" like this or purchser has to give paper publication like above said.

1 Like

Kushal Dhoot (student)     17 December 2010

Dear Anil,


Only reason for filing a police complaint is that if anyone who can morgage your property in bank or want to sell it then he can do that, because he is having original documents. to stop him from doing this the police complaint going to help you. The police might treat it as Non Cognisable offence / misplace of document . the letter from police will help you to regain ur document from the registrar.

anil trivandrum (business)     17 December 2010



                    Thank you very much for your good opinion.But now I am rising an another version,that, how a registering authority can move along with a missing of document? If the registrar may accompany with the AD may it feel or likely to feel as an official legal notice?

   please clear my doubts...


                             thanks in advance..


                                        ANIL TRIVANDRUM

Rhonda Luna (HR)     17 December 2010

I have gone through over your problem. your problem is so critical but i can give you my advice which may be helpful to you.

1) Do the complaint to the nearest police station and get the copy of that report.

2) You can advertise about the lost of your original documents like newspaper.

3) You can contact to the registration office for certified copy of the original document and  attach your identity proof, copy of that report and some other documents which shows that the plot is your.

4) Always do onething, you will have to keep the photostat copies of all the original documents which will beneficial for you.

1 Like

Legal Wizard (Advocate)     18 December 2010

Please give an advertisement in Local news paper regading the lost document citing the document no, Rgistration Office in which it was rgeistered and the name of the person in whoose name it stnad, advertisement people would help you and then go to Police lodege a police complaint and wait for some time they will give you a non traceable certificate and then apply for Certfied copy by this process you have regularised the formalities in this regard.

1 Like

das pramod kumar (advocate)     21 December 2010

By taking out Certified Copy of those document, if you have the nos. of Deed etc. or search in the Register of the Registrar, then obtain certified copy, which is a Legal Document, making your Property salable & marketable, but you cannot take Loan from Banks, as they require only Original Document for keeping in Equitable Mortgage, hence you shall be deprived of availing that facility.

                                                            - Pramod Kr. Das, Advocate, Dhanbad 

1 Like

Soundar (Business)     31 January 2013

I have explained my problem in different discussion.

looking for some suggestion. please post your comments on this link.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query