LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj malhotra (M.D)     26 November 2012

pls advice regarding compounding

i have filed a complaint under sec.138 ni is on witness the defendant wants to compromise bt needs more time to pay...and he is ready to give another post dated cheque in court in writing that he ows me tht amont and will pay by that post dated it ok to compound case this way??which technicalities should i keep in mind whilw doing it as he is very.cunning and had tried several.ways to avoid this payment..pls advice..thnks in advance.


 1 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     26 November 2012

As far as formula of compromise is concenred, there is no legal problem with it. But you need to get detailed statment of the accused ,i.e. issuer of cheque and get you complaint under section 138 disposed off as the same being compounded and not as withdrawn.

Further, it will be better if you can further negotiate for getting something like bank guarantee for placing your self more safe.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query