IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swar (Private Job)     09 December 2022

Plot builder is not returning advance in case of cancellation of deal because of site deal cancel

A plotting site builder had agreement with land owner for plotting in our city. Based on that we had a paid him advance for a plot booking.

But deal between builder and land owner got cancelled because of some lack of fund (as told by builder) and we demanded for refund of our advance money.

Now he had given us 50% of advance in cheque, but not returning the rest 50%. Saying that his money is also stuck and he needs time, but he has enough money to pay our advance.

What can we do now as we had already given him much time ?    


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 December 2022

arrange to send a legal notice for recover of money from the builder.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     09 December 2022


You have to take legal action against the builder. Send him legal notice and later on, you may approach the consumer commission against the builder. Consumer commission may grant compensation in addition to other relief. 

vijay sathya   09 December 2022

see whether he intends to cheat if the above question is answered postively then the person has indulged in a criminal offence

Adv. Shrey Shah (Advocate)     10 December 2022

Where is the property located?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query