LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj9322515333 (mumbai)     05 July 2013

Please help urgent divorce

I am given talaaq by my husband in october 2012 and then we have filed for divorce certificate to get from the court on mutual consent basis. I havent received the decree yet  but I have the tallaq issued by muslim prest. am I allowed to marry again . please please help


 6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 July 2013

In Islam, there are separate rules for divorce for men and women under the terms of Islamic law (sharia)

Advocate M.Bhadra   05 July 2013

No,you can not marry without the order and decree,as there is a suit is pending before the Court of Law, which is different from muslim personal laws.

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     05 July 2013

डिअर राज ,

अगर आपने इस्लामिक कानूनों और रीती रिवाजो के साथ तलाक ले लिया है तो ये काफी है अमग्र दूसरी शादी करने के लिए आपको पहले कीच चीज़े देखनी पड़ेगी जैसे की इदात का समय काटने की जरुरत तो नहीं है ?या कोई और इस्लामिक कानूनों के तहत, आपको कोर्ट के डिसिशन के जरुरत नहीं है मगर अब जब आपने अप्लाई कर हे दिया है तो आपको इनेतेज़ार करना होगा क्यूंकि आपके एस एक्ट से ये साबित होता है के अब भी उसे पोअतनी मानते हैं तभी आपने कोर्ट मिओं अप्लाई किया या आप उसे वापिस भी ले सकते हैं !

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     07 July 2013

In case of male the the divorce rules are liberal but for woman she should get a valid court order to remarry.

Navjot Kumar (Lawyer)     07 July 2013

yes, if divorce is granted in term of muslim rites, you can remarry, no need to wait

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     14 July 2013

Normally, these days the muslim priste/qazi are being influenced by monetary or gifts and the jobs are getting done.  Hence, do not rely upon the qazi certificate.  It is better to wait for the decree from the court.  You or your counsel has to insist the court to pusp the case fast as you are in urgent need. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query