LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjana... (nodesignation)     13 March 2013

Please help property buying



I am buying a property in Mumbai Suburbs at vile parle.


I am buying from the family who first bought in 2004, now  I am buying the same.


How can I find out about the property to whom it actually belongs and the legal name on the poperty....


I want to be sure that the property belongs to the same person residing there and selling me...

 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 March 2013

Before buying the immovable properties, you have to procure encumberance certificate from the sub-registrar office and verify the seller names etc. Nowadays it is procure through online like e-seva in Andhra Pradesh.

Advocate Kishor Hajare (Advocate)     13 March 2013


It is to be advisable from my side that, first you check and search the title related to the property at the sub-registrar office.

In that context, engage the advocate who will suffice you for search and title report and also on the publication of public notice you will get the information with respect to claims and objections pertaining to the said property whereupon you will be definately in a position to verify the correctness related with the property. This is the practice prevailing in the city of Mumbai.



Kishor Hajare/9930647734/

MANNE SN (Chief Consultant)     13 March 2013

You have not mentioned the Nature of the Property.Befor Buying you have to Check the Following:

1) Nature opf the Land i.e it is Pakka Patta Land or Assgned Land.Also ensure that it this land is not attracting Land Celing.These you can ascertained from Revenue authorities and Sub-Registrar Office.

2) If it is Plot you should ensure whether it is in Authorised Laout Approved by Compitent Authority .

3) If it is Building ensure that the Construction is authorised.Also ensure that The Taxes are on whose name.Whether the Taxes are Paid up to Date.

4) After ensuring the above aspects obtain the Title Deed along with the Link Documents.Then obtain ECs at least for 30 Years and check them with the Link Documents you are having.After Satisfying the Same.You can Identify the Real owner of the Property by obtaining the ID Proof and Residence Proof

5) Finally get it verified with  your Advocate in the Offices of the Sub-Registrar in which the Documents are Registered.


All the Above things your Advocate will Look after.

ravikumaradvocatemswllb (lawyr)     14 March 2013



it's called litigation property so plese kindly contact first property documentist / advocate bacause of now a days real estate makeing wrong steps. (Advocate)     29 June 2014

Dear you need to verify the link deeds and get the verification at registrar office....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query