Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sikander (engineer)     16 April 2010

please help- need good suggestions

please go through my horrible story and suggest me what i need to do

i am from india (kolkata) and currently working in usa in g4 visa after doing my masters from usa. when i was studying here i had a friend (girl)whom i never show before. we usually talked to each other every day. in 2006, december i was planning to go to india and she agreed to meet me at the airport in india(delhi). after that we went to her house in orissa and they forced me to get married with her in a temple which was already hired and even the marriage card was also distributed to her other family members. none of my family was there at that time. they did not even knew it. after marriage i was forced to take her with me to kolkata to my house but they kept my passport with them. my family members were shocked but did not say anything to me. i was at my home for only 10 days. within 10 days she made our family life hell. at some point the situation got so bad that my dad went to police station and filled a FIR. after that i took her with me and went back to oriissa where again i was again forced to get marriage registered. none of my family member signed as a witness and some of the member of her family who signed as a witness were nott even present during the marriage. one more thing, during the marriage ceremony we never performed the saptapadi( seven round around the fire).

after some day i came back with my passport to kolkata and lefft for usa. before leaving for usa her dad talked to me and told me whatever happend thats end here. i think that was the tactics so that we dont file the marriage nullification case. so i went to usa and after 4-5 month i joined this job. in usa i always showed my status as single. she somehow collected this information and started calling my office and requested to send her some money. so i send her money three time ( 2000 INR) and when she started asking for more money i stopped. after that she started blackmailing me, sending email to my office members with marriage photographs and registration certificates.

in june 2008 she filled a maintence case against me. in the same year we filled a crimical case against her and her father. and in 2009 a divorce case was filled on cruetly. she never attained any hearing for divorce case but recently moved to supreme court for stay order and transfer the case from kolakata to orissa. the lower court ordered me to pay her monthly 5000 INR on the basis that the marriage was performed but when we challenged that in the high court , the high court judge asked her to prove the marrige and monthly payment was never paid.

she also hacked my email password and got a picture of mine with a girl. now she is telling the court that i fell in love with someone in usa  thats why i deseted her for 3 years. she is now using the money transfer document to show the court we have a good relation till december 2007 and after that i deserted her for another girl. 

could you please help me to get out of these situation;

she already has send 3 desertion letter to me through us embassy. even she is sending summons to my father from different women cell. she is mba graduate and was earning better money before marriage but now she is sitting idle at home and playing this role of a deserted lady  by a cruel husband.

1. what i really need to do to get rid of her? i also have some recorded phone calls where she and her father was asking for money.

2. how long it should take to resolve the case? i am getting frustrated day day by the situation.

3. what other action i can take against her and her family?

4. is there any way the court can ask the girl in the photograph to appear in the court to testify based on only a photograph? actually she is just a student here and i really dont have anything with her. thats a real shame for me here.

please help.

Learning

2 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     16 April 2010

You have already filed various suits against her. Let the result come. No new case is suggested to be filed. Peruse only those pending cases especially of divorce.

Bidhan Dave (Advocate)     20 April 2010

Well, i don't believe your story. No body will marry against his wishes. i think you are hiding the truth & that will not help you to get good advice. please come out from the mode of denial & state correct fact. May god bless you! 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register