LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAI (STUDENT)     08 November 2013

Please help me urgently :(

Dear sir

          I want help from you, my father has written a  gift deed to my sister on her marriage occasion worth rs 50,00,000 by giving right to sell to my sister children (male/female) but my father's intention is, to write only the right to get money from it but not to sell.But they are trying to sell it now.

             Please let me know, whether my father can amend the gift deed now as he wish? Is there any time limit to get such amendment. Please tell me. Exactly 1 year is expiring on this month. 

                Thanks in advance.

                 B.SAI KRISHNA


 1 Replies

Srinivas (Director)     08 November 2013

Once gifted and accepted it cannot be taken back. If you father wants to stop your sister, he can

file a  suit for cancellation (althought it will get defeated) and it will take several years before they

can sell it..... once you go down this path, you will spoil relationships..


good luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query