LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Biswa (Service)     03 May 2012

Please help me to get back my wife

                Myself staying at Raniganj with my parents. I have been married in Fabruary’2011. While doing our marriage registration, my wife changed her surname and signature. After my marriage was over, my wife was staying with my parents at Raniganj. As I am working in a private company at Kolkata, I was staying there and visiting to my wife in every weekend. Sometimes my wife was also staying with me at Kolkata itself. Frequently she was asking about buying flats at Kolkata and staying together with my parents. But once I explained my every detail plan as my future plan is to stay at Asansol with my parents, she agreed on that.  Meanwhile we used to quarrel over some small issues which are normal between one husband-wife. By nature my wife was very good and kind hearted. She was also visiting her mother’s home frequently. Even she was staying with my parents happily.  Our marriage life was going smoothly.

In October’2011 my wife left her matrimonial home and has gone to her mother’s home to celebrate Kali puja. After few days over, my mother in law informed me about my wife’s pregnancy. We were very much delighted. Meanwhile, my father in law has been officially transferred to Asansol with a designation of Deputy Magistrate. Me and my parents were very happy to know that. Finally I requested my mother in law to send my wife back so that I can take her to doctor as my mother in law requested us to get my wife’s baby delivery in her matrimonial home i.e. my home. But she (my mother in law) was not ready to send her (my wife) and asked me to let her stay for few more days. I agreed and asked my wife the same. Later after few days passed, again I asked my mother in law to send my wife. She directly refused that by saying that she cannot go back now as she is sick.  After few more days passed, I got few SMS from my wife’s mobile. There she wrote like, if I can buy her a home at Kolkata and handover my full monthly income to her then only she is ready to come otherwise she wants divorce. After this I visited to her mother’s home (Asansol) for 3 times and tried to explain her about my current financial situation and requested her to think about our baby and not to go for divorce. She got angry and said that she will do the abortion. I kept quiet for the time being and requested her not to do that. Then after few more days my father, uncle and aunty visited to her mother’s home for 2 times and tried to convince my wife continuously but failed as usual.  Later after few more days, I got a SMS from my Father in law’s mobile –

“I dont Want to keep any relation with you and your family. I Shall not send my daughter back. Better be prepared for divorce.”  

Again I called my mother in law to talk to my wife as she switched off her mobile. My mother in law directly denied me to talk to my wife and threatened that her husband is posted in good post so they could have filed cases against me, my parents and relatives. Then I called my Father in law and requested him not to separate us as I love my wife very much and I don’t want the separation. But they refused to return my wife to her matrimonial home despite repeated requests. Later on I sent 4 letters to my wife and father in law both. But they did not reply. Then I sent a legal notice to my wife.

 Please suggest me what next should I do and how many days I should wait after sending the legal notice.


 3 Replies



don't mind. but most of LCI mambers are advocate those provide legal advice. they have short time- so please write in short your problem.

Biswa (Service)     04 May 2012

I have send a legal notice to my wife to come back to her matrimonial home soon as she is staying with her parents for 6 months. Please let me know for how many days I should wait for her reply and file RCR against her. In case she files any false case before I file RCR then will that legal notice help me.

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     07 May 2012

why do you want a wife who doesnt want you? You say her father is a deputy magistrate - its obvious he has got a high profile job.

you only have 2 choices - either fall on her legs and lick her shoe or ne strong and act like a man. Your in laws dont want to leave their daughter and want her to live with them. Be a ghar jamai if you are ok with it.

Save all the sms from your wife and her family members - they are important evidence and will help you if you go to court. No RCR or legal notice will bring youir wife back

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register