LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

meera m (student)     03 October 2013

Please help me to avoid my divorce

I am meera(Student).I loved a person and we married in 28.8.2008 without the permission of our parents.At that time I was studying so we decided to hide these details and live seperatly in our home until the completion of my course.After 1 year my husband told everything to his family,they supported us,so after that every saturday I went to his home and did all house jobs there and returned to my hoses at evening.This continues for long 5 years.during this time we to many places for our honeymoon.But every this was unknown to my parents.

At last on 17.5.2012 I presented all these facts in front of my parents.They were not ready to accept my marriage.They took me to my relatives house.There they emotionally black mailed me and did many poojas and mantras,due to the effect of these my mind started changing.So I decided to keep my parents happy by sacrifycing my life.They give me many tablets so I lost my thinking power and I started working as a robot and did what ever they said.At that time my hasband filed Habiou coupus in the high court.Then my parents told me that they should suicide if I go with him.So at the high court I said that I liked to go with my parents.After that he tried many times to contact me but I refuse to speak with him.
Actually my DOB is AUGUST 1 1990 and marrige at JUNE 28 2008 so at that time I have not completed 18 yrs(I was minor).My parent found out this truth and they  "formulated a petition that my husband force fully took me to make the marrige with out my desire".I signed that petition without thinking and gave to the court.This petition made many problems to my husband.
But after some months I realised that I did a big mistake.so I decided to call my husband to make a confession.After 9 months on  5 Februvary 2013 I called him.He took the phone.I said every thing to him and I say sorry to him.He realised the actual facts and he forgive me.But his parents not ready to accept me.
After that I forced my parents to cancel the filed petition.But they told me that only ' if we jointly filed divorce petition at the court they are ready to cancell the petition'.So on 1 AUG 2013 we jointly filed divorce petition.But we actually not like to be seperated.

Our first councilling on 2 FEB 2014.But I really dont want to be sepereated from him.I want to get a chance to live with him again and clear my mistake.But due to the negligence from his parents side my husband's mind is toggling between yes/no.But every day we contact each other we loved each other.

I there any possibility to avoid divorce?If I explained every thing before the court Is the court allow me to go with him?

Learning

13 Replies

(Guest)
Effects of taking decision without consulting elders/parents. Kid: Even if you try to stop getting the divorce, the married life wont be that tasty the way it was supposed to be, it will unnecesarrily build up unwanted tension to both sides of the family for the rest of your lives. Better give divorce and move on.

Sir I know that I did a big mistake.But now I regret about it.I need a chance to clear it and love him again.I can't live with him.He too.

Sir I know that I did a big mistake.But now I regret about it.I need a chance to clear it and love him again.I can't live with out him.He too.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     03 October 2013

If you both appear before the court where you filed MCD and move application for the dismissal of the same, MCD will be dismissed.  But the problems is if your parents again black-mail you by saying that they will commit suicide, how will you react?  If you and your husband are steel enough and can live together inspite of the parental influence from both the sides, then only proceed further and get the MCD dismissed.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     03 October 2013

Consult a psychitarist first so that you are able to maintain your mental balance and not swayed away by some tablets

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     03 October 2013

It was a mistake but since there is no violence or cruelty or harassment of any kind between the two of you, it may be better for you, as a girl, to work things out with him and remain married. Convince your parents that it will be difficult to get you remarried to another man under these circumstances. For the husband, finding another girl will be easy. So, look at the practical aspect of the situation. However, if your husband is a loser, uneducated person, etc. then perhaps your parents are right. Many facts are important to guide you. Consult some elderly relatives of yours whom you trust rather than seeking advice here in this forum. Yours is more a case of personal decision then legal guidance. Do not complicate it with legal proceedings beyond what has happened. Work things out amicably, either way, whether you decide to remain married or otherwise.  GOOD LUCK!!

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 October 2013

How do you think you will live a happy married life with wrath and curses from the parents side; instead decide firmly to do away with your marriage and settle with the person who your parents choose after this.

meera m (student)     07 October 2013

I clearly know why my parents dose not accept my marriage because of our educational difference.I am doing Mtech but he is a driver.I know that there is a large difference between us.But what can I do.I have no idea whether I get another good person If I do divorse.I am totally confused whether the new person can love me as I wish.

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     07 October 2013

Originally posted by : meera m

I clearly know why my parents dose not accept my marriage because of our educational difference.I am doing Mtech but he is a driver.I know that there is a large difference between us.But what can I do.I have no idea whether I get another good person If I do divorse.I am totally confused whether the new person can love me as I wish.

Meera when mind of both of you has become a toggle switch so early, its better to take MCD,  pursue your career and forget about marriage for a few years lest life of all of you becomes like a pendulum.

There are better things to do in life than marrying, yaar.

regards ASHOK

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     07 October 2013

1. our elders are not enemies to our unplanned life 

2. here your inlaws are very supportive your life apart from your husband 

3. only educational background cannot be justified how your life will be after 5 years spending happily with him only on pretext of qualification 

4. now ball is in your hand decide firmly wheather you want to stay with your husband or divorce him and once you leave this chance then your life will be in your parents hand

5. so take some one help try to convince your parents with the help of your husband and withdrawn the case because in whole query only your parents are not satisfied with the job your husband is doing let him do some other job which is respectable to your parents and convince them before it goes from your hand also 

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     07 October 2013

Once upon a time in the jungle lived a smart hyena. Hyenas had to wait for the lioness to finish eating the animal she had hunted. Sometimes the lioness would finish every piece of meat. So, this hyena comes up with a smart trick. He makes the lioness fall in love with him so he could eat with her while the other hyenas watched! The lioness' parents objected but she ignored their objections and got married to the hyena. At first, it worked like a charm! 

Then... On social occasions, all the lions and lionesses were surprised to see a hyena there and wanted  to kill him. The lioness would defend him embarrassingly. When the hyenas had their social gatherings, the husband hyena would take his lioness wife with pride which made the lioness very uncomfortable. She saw hyenas were waiting for lions to eat their meal before the party could begin!

So, how does this story end? As was bound to happen, the romance fades away. One fine morning the lioness wakes up and looks at the hyena and exclaims: "God, how did I fall in love with this sh*t?" She realizes her blunder, kills her husband and eats him!  But now she cannot get good lions to mate as they looked down upon her as the one who married a hyena! She spends the rest of her life...

=========================  INTERVAL ======================

(Guest)

After the interval..

its just humiliation from your own cult.

MORAL:  Don't take hasty decisions.  You do this, and you will not only spoil your life, but you will spoil lives.  And you will be at the receiving end for the rest of your life! Be careful the next time around.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : meera m

If you are ready to cohabit one more time after divorce..

then I will ask my brother  to keep an eye out. as he too is going through divorce... and soon will be on the lookout on divorcee matrimony dot com!.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register