IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satish Kumar (Software Developer)     17 July 2011

Please help me for gratuity doubt

I was in a reputed public  school in Delhi my joining was on 1st August 2005 as Adhoc basis with pay scale then on 1st july 2006 promoted as per our offer letter probation.

I resign from there on 7th March 2011, my total service was  5 years, 7 months, 6 days

our probation period in organisation is 4 years, 8 months, 6 days

am I eligible for GRATUITY? because school management told me 5 year complted job eligible for gratuity, Adhoc not included.

Please help me Pleassssssssssssss


 4 Replies


You are eligible for grautuity. Please lodge a written complaint in the form provided. You may consult a local consultant for the grauity form and lodge the claim by personal delivery or by speed post with a copy of the local labour commissioner, who would be competent authority.


Akhil Gupta (Manager-HR)     19 July 2011

Dear Mr. Satish

You are eligible for gratuity.

Please lodge the compliant to labour office in Form I , Payment of gratuity act-1972.

sambasivakamasani (Sr Pur and Stores Officer (Rtd) ISRO)     20 July 2011


Once service is more thatn 4 years and six months, u r eligible. Please lodge the compliant to labour office in Form I , under Payment of gratuity act-1972. Regards.

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     02 October 2011

Dear satish

All are rightly says that you are eligible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query