Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

i m sufferer (govt.)     03 May 2012

Please help me

sir

i am suvojit dutta working in air force. i am married since last 1 yr. however there was lot of tention in the marriage. she always threatens me that she will suicide if i take my parents along with me.there was some misunderstanding within the families. we are ready to solve by talk, but they are not active.the girl stays with me away from my hometown, there also she tried suicide 4-5 times and i have saved her and in that i slapped in a couple of occasion to bring her under control. now she is threating me that i used to beat her. there parents also threatens me. they want to falsely put my parents in question which is not true, because she hardly stayed 4 days with them in last 1 year. please advice me some preliminary steps. i also want to seek divorce from her. please guide me and help me out

Learning

4 Replies

S.K.Maanav (International President International Hindu Personal Law Board)     03 May 2012

first u should go to any Govt. hospital with her for her mental check up. if she deny to go there, inform her parents in written. if u think that there is no chance of successful relationship u may then file a petition for divorce taking the plea that she is not a person of sound mind and deny for treatment also.But first try to contact her nearest friend or relative to understand her nature.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     03 May 2012

Dear Mr.Dutta, 

A person with an estranged wife with suicidial tendencies, is in a really difficult situation considering How one sided the laws are in India. However notwithstanding that, there are a couple of things some pre-emptive steps that you can take to safeguard you and your family against possible misuse of dowry(498A/406/306/304B) laws against you. You can start by intimating the concerned authorities of the situation that you find yourself in, alongwith the safeguards laid down over the years by police authoritities as well as higher courts. 

Feel free to email !

Good Luck !

Bharat

i m sufferer (govt.)     03 May 2012

thanks for advice,

(Guest)

Dutta ,

The situation is alarming for you ..... Start collecting as many evidences such as video , audio recordings , medical reports , past infor about your in-laws etc as soon as you can . If by any chance she commit suicide then you and your family will be in deep trouble .

Get rid of her if you can ~ Just play a bit careful !!! Good luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register