LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kamesh   04 April 2017

Please help me

I am working at one of the IT company in hyderabad, i have a service agreement with the company for 3 years, they are harassing me mentally, i have been recruited as developer, but they are making me do the data entry job which i dont like, i informed the same to my ceo but still he is forcible making me to do that work, he even created soe rumours on me that i am talking bad about the company which i actually didn't do and even criticized, insulted me. I suffer from depression. Taking all these into account i have sent resignation, But they are planning to take legal action against me, Please please please do help me i am from middle class family i too have self respect, i dont have any respect in the company. PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME TO COME OUT OF THIS PROBLEM

Learning

11 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 April 2017

The service agreement is signed by you by your free will.

So employer can ask you to comply with terms to which you agreed.

Do you have its copy?

The service agreement was crafted in lieu of what extra ordinary benefits e.g; some certified training from some certified Instt?

Do you have copy of appointment letter, service erules etc mentioned in it/

Do you have any irrefutable evidence of harassment etc that renders employer as unworthy to be employed with?

Are you a member of any employee’s/IT employees/trade unions?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 April 2017

even  a govt employee cannot insist that he will do "X" job oly and not "Y" job.

A.V.Pattanashetti (Advocate)     05 April 2017

FILE POLICE COMPLAINT IMMEDIATLY.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     05 April 2017

Sir,

The terms, conditions and covenants of the service agreement are binding on the parties concerned. If there is a resignation clause stating monetary reimbursement in the event of premature resignation, you can reimburse the amount specified and resign, there is no alternative.

In the event of physical violence or mental harassment, and if you have valid witness and/or evidence, you can approach police department for relief.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 April 2017

The querist may reply to the points raised.

kamesh   05 April 2017

They have not provided me with any training, As per the terms if i resign i have to pay 2 Lakhs of liquidated damages and 24,000 for every month of traning period(altogether 5 Lakhs), but our ceo is so intelligent he said that the people whoever has signed the service agreement they shall remain as trainee software engineer for the entire term, recently they have revised the notice period to 3 months they made us sign forcibly on that agreement, since i opposed this move he kept personal grudge on me and gave me very low increment. 

I am from a middle class family, if i have to pay that amount i have to sell my organs, if that is the only way possible i shall proceed with selling my organ and come out of the company, but i am unable to bear the mental harassment in that company, for each and every small thing they make a big issue. 

How could you be forced to sign ? Do they employ goons?

How could you be forced to sign ? Do they employ goons?

You say you are not from rich family and cannot pay this much. Then why you just not do assigned job and get paid every month. I repeat that this attitude can be costly even for Govt employee who hold most protected job and well defined charter of duties which are at times statutory.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     05 April 2017

Sir, Under the circumstances you are well advised to continue working with the company and complete the specified period as per the agreement. Good luck, Kishor Mehta

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 April 2017

Originally posted by : kamesh
They have not provided me with any training, As per the terms if i resign i have to pay 2 Lakhs of liquidated damages and 24,000 for every month of traning period(altogether 5 Lakhs), but our ceo is so intelligent he said that the people whoever has signed the service agreement they shall remain as trainee software engineer for the entire term, recently they have revised the notice period to 3 months they made us sign forcibly on that agreement, since i opposed this move he kept personal grudge on me and gave me very low increment. 

I am from a middle class family, if i have to pay that amount i have to sell my organs, if that is the only way possible i shall proceed with selling my organ and come out of the company, but i am unable to bear the mental harassment in that company, for each and every small thing they make a big issue. 

Are you a member of any IT/ITeS employees'/trade unions?

Did you also create a profile at NSR and share it with HR/employer?

What is your exact designation and nature of duties?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register