LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jitendra (..)     18 July 2014

Please help me



I have opted a personal loan of Rs. 125000/- from HDFC bank in August 2013. Then I lost my job in November, 2013. The situation made me financially sick. Thus, I was missed the EMI and couldn’t pay the loan amount. Now I got the small job with only salary of Rs. 15000/- pm, which is not enough to repay the loan and survival of my family. The HDFC bank executives asking me for payment of Rs. 108000/-. For the same I am unable to pay this huge amount.  Now, they are abusing me and my relatives for the payment of loan.  They have got mobile nos. of my relatives and threatened or abusing them for payment. I am not in situation to pay the amount, I need some time for collection of money but they people are not agreeing for the same. Now what I do, someone please help me or suggest me what should I do.




 2 Replies

c.p.s. ramachary (1500)     18 July 2014

The money borrowed should be repaid by you to the bank irrespective of your personal problems. No court including DRT will be able to help you. Please pay the defaulted arrears with applicable interest on the defaulted installments in order to save the account from slipping to NPA status which may put you to hardship later on. If bank executives of the bank are abusing you over your mobile this gives you signal for stringent action the bank would take under SARFAESI Act. In order to avoid such unpleasant situation, please contact the bank and ensure that your account is upgraded in time. Since you are defaulter court/drt will not have lenient view in your case. Do not go for litigation as it consumes your valuable money and time.

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     19 July 2014

Rightly said by the honourable expert Mr. Ramachary the thing that only you can do is as explained above and if possible record all abusive and threatning langauge used by the officials and collect evidence and file and FIR against the same and plead before the court the mental stress and agony suffered by you because of the bank remember this is just an option if you want to go to court because as a defaulter you will still be liable for the same 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register