LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

armaan (student)     16 June 2009

please help

Hello all

My sister had got married last year she is working on a reputed post she is being mentally tortured by her family members now there is no hope of things improving.we want to take her bach but ae afraid that if we take her they might put allegation of stealing money etc so how should we proceed so that we have proof that we took her emptyhanded is there some way by which it can be proved.



 7 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     16 June 2009

dont worry friend,

for females  a lot many tools are avialable in Indian law.

if ur sister is being harrased consistently and u apprehend that she may be physically hurt by her in laws then u may call her back.

make an application to the police for registration of case under S. 498- A IPC, remedy under domestic violence act is also available.

law covers both types of cruelty whether physical or mental.

as far as proving and disproving certain facts its a long process.

but before resorting to any legal remedy make a final effort to reconcile the matter cautiously.

and before moving to police do approach some good lawyer of ur area.

1 Like

k.kumar raja (advocate)     16 June 2009

kiran kumar is correct.

1 Like

Amarjeet yadav (Advocate)     16 June 2009

kiran sir is right a woman under indian law is well protected u have lots of remedies available such as u can move an

application under domestic voilence act,

Complaint under section 498-A, 34 etc. of IPC

ur sister Can file application for mantainance

and lot of other remedy is available to ur sister. so u don't worry about the allegation of stealing etc. they cant do that and if they will do this it will not be reliable. so don't worry

first try to reconcile the things and if there is no result the water crosses ur head then only take the step toward the court.

1 Like

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     19 June 2009

Dear Friend,

Mr. Kiran has placed before you all the needed assistance. Your sister needs to take the final decision now.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     25 June 2009

The discussion proves the power of misuse of these laws.

The complainant is not levelling any allegation of harassment for dowry or domestic violence, merely asking for an advice to protect himself from some apprehended false allegation, but he is advised on these laws. Such advice is given because these are easier to file, no evidence required to make such allegeations and you dont loose anything even when you are not able to establish the allegation.

Well, the advise is legally perfect. These laws are legislated to be abused only, how can you blame a lawyer who advises abuse of these laws?

Debasish Hota (Lawyer)     08 November 2010

If your matter is not solved by this time and you have not taken any steps till date, instead of taking acton under Indian Penal Code take step under domestic violance Act and watch the consequences.If the domestic violance Act is not sufficient then proceed with 498-A IPC.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     08 November 2010

very accurate legal opinion by adv kiran kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register