LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudheer (xyz)     22 April 2012

Please help

Dear Sir, I belong to a joint family with mother and my brother. We have site measuring 30 x 40 in dimension. Now we are planning to build houses in that site. Is there any particular law or agreement for such contruction in a single site? What I am asking is my brither wants to be in ground floor. But being in first floor is bit difficult for me. Even if I agree to construct the house in first floor, Who can construct the next floor both or only the owner of the first floor? Can you please suggest?

Learning

1 Replies

Neha Chowdhary (Law Officer )     23 April 2012

firstly i would like to suggest you be clam.....u can construct house on whatever site u have.....provided u should follows all rules and regulations of  your local improvement authority.......next about share/cost of construction....you and your brother can only  settle this mutually.....u can work out expenses as per share both of you wanna have.....enter into an agreement based on mutual terms and conditions........secure your self by an agreement...specially mentioning your portion,share,cost and your part of contribution towards construction of said house.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register