LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fighting_498a (engineer)     11 August 2013

Please help-498a quash

Hi all experts,

My wife filed 498a in AP.
After that both agreed for divorce and to pay alimony of X lacs and withdraw 498a
This amount deposited in bank joint account of both party counsellors.
After that wife didnot respond to withdraw 498a and filed divorce on cruely ground and forcing me to accept divorce first..she is not ready MCD
I did not responded to her demand.
I approached AP high court to quash 498a.
high court grant stay on 498a for 4 weeks.
presently 4 weeks time over.
I asked my lawyer to take stay extension order.
My lawyer saying extension order will not give high court after 3 months we can apply quash .
can you pls guide me how to proceed 


 5 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     12 August 2013

you should file quash petition, as per your advocate advise

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     12 August 2013

Compounding offences under Section 320 Cr.P.C. 1973 .  your Wife can file Petition  to compound the offence under Section 498-A of  I.P.C.  in the court where case is pending  and with the leave of the court case can be withdrawn. 

smita (not working)     12 August 2013

Was the chargesheet  submited in the AP court??what is the stage of ur 498 a case?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 August 2013

I did not understand, what is the problem you are facing in proceeding with pending quash petition.


Shonee Kapoor


If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     04 February 2014

best way to tackle FALSE 498a :

face the trial & get acquittal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads