LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ranjan (software engineer)     03 July 2015

Please help

dear experts

     my father bought site (30 40 ) for 1.25 lakhs in 1991. and 1991 my sister got married. my father has stopped his business( small  business) in 1995 and has not earning.My self engineer i work as software engineer in big firm. we built house in above mentioned site in 1998. and i have built first floor now in father is not earning from 1995 onwards. Now he is telling he want to give house to daughter. what can i do?




 4 Replies

Tanu Yogendra Oza (Founder)     03 July 2015

As per law he can dispose of all his property to anyone he likes. Legally u cant do anything. Talk to your sister and try to convince her for your share.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 July 2015

I agree with Ms. Tanu Yogendra Oza, your father, the title holder of the property can dispose it of as he desired. There is no legal impediment. However, amount spent on construction may be claimed by you from your father, which he (your father) may or may not return/pay to you. Again it is his wish, desire and own decision, legally you have can not have it.

Sort out the matter within family to avoid unnecessary litigation, otherwise, if you feel strong, you may engage a local lawyer for further advise and proceeding.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     03 July 2015

I agree with the above legal advise given by both the respected experts, i want to add don't make it an issue settle your matter amicably with your father and sister, talk wisely and takeout your money which you had spent in construction from them .

ranjan (software engineer)     03 July 2015

thanks i read news 2005 updated 

in housing ( we stay in house ) there is no share for married dauther having husband living.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register