LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pleasehelp (hhhhhhhhhh)     20 January 2013

Please help!!

I was married in month of May 2012.It was an arranged marriage.one month after the marriage she started picking fights,on petty issues.something or the other..blame that i look at other women,sometimes that i am not good in bed..sometimes that i dont understand what she says..sometimes that i am not able to fulfill her expectations,sometimes that i am impotent.though i have proved this incorrect medically.still she left her matrimonial house after three months and is not willing to come back till date.i have tried patching up but she doesnt agree to come back and is neither asking for separation,now i want a separation as nothing is left now she has also now taken away all her belongings to her maternal house..my parents have discussed separation with her family as well,and now out of the blue they have demanded 25 lacs plusmaintenance apart from the jewellery that she has already taken away!!thats a big amount for me.When asked to explain the rationale behind this huge amount of money they have no explanation.i am apprehensive of the fact that now when I deny to give this amount cz i dont have this much with me they might make false accusations  in the court .my family demanded no dowry from them and none of my family members ever lay a hand on her,instead we have been buying her gifts etc and taking her out to keep her happy still she holds angst against me and my family.she hasnt stayed with us for more than 6 months now!

Also,It has come to my notice that she herself has been consulting a lawyer and everytime we try to talk to her she picks up a fight and start shouting blaming me for her unhappiness.I do not wish to continue this relationahip anymore but I am afraid that if i'll initiate a divorce iwill have to pay too much which is very dificult given my financial situation.Her family also doesnt care and try to resolve the differences, she doesnt have a father only a working mother and a younger brother,would that increase my liability towards her financially?I am also apprehensive that she might cook stories and approach women cell as well.i have heard women cell does not trust the boy's side of the story.how will i be able to prove that we never asked for any dowry/there was no domestic violence etc..whatever she might cook..seeking your advise

Learning

6 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     21 January 2013

You are not liable to maintain her family. She will do what she has to do but what you need to do is to be prepared to fight your case...Keep a record of her acts which will help as evidences later...

Try to settle it with a MCD(mutual consent divorce), will be easier for you.

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     21 January 2013

hello,

report in the police that she is not living with u.

Issue of maintenance depends on facts and circumstances of case.

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

Akshay Sahni (Founder/Partner)     21 January 2013

Dear Sir,

We would be able to assist you, for any further queries please visit www.indialawhelp.com

Regards

Akshay Sahni

Advocate

Amar Kumar Sahoo (Advocate)     21 January 2013

Dear Sir,

Please consult with your advocate and take necessary steps to file a suit for restitution of conjugal rights against your wife which will help you and save you and your family at that time when your wife will file any criminal case against you and your family members. Please consult with your advocate as early as possible.

Thanking You.

AMAR KUMAR SAHOO, Advocate

amarksahoo@yahoo.co.in

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     23 January 2013

Steps:

1) Complian nearby PS ( in your jurisdiction) about her wifull separation and her false allegation about your impotency

Get the copy certified and preserve it with specific dates.

2) Record all conversations, especially when talk around your impotency- because this is clear cruel ground.

3) Hire mediation to solve and press mCD with possible solution

4) If nothing works and she is willing to contest, let her press Divorce notice meanwhile collect evidence in this regard

5) go through forum for suggestions on 498a, DV, Maintenance and compensation related topics and enlighten yourself on all this.

6) If she is not pressing divorce button through court, you press once you collect evidence for the cruelty

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     23 January 2013

disagree with Mr AMAR. Presing RCR on wunwilling wife or wife predetermine not to join husband is such futile process

interms of money, time, energy rather divorce notice is best atleast that quashes 498a to an extent

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register