LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sagar (executive)     07 December 2012

Please help!

Hi, I am from mumbai and my girlfriend is from delhi we want to get maried we spoke to our parents my parents are ready for the marriage but her parents are not they have kept her lock in the room she is not allowed to go outside meet anyone talk to anyone we are in trouble how can we get married now will any lawyer help us? she called me once no one was at home and told me this...can i apply in court..can court send a notice to her dad that allow us to get married? her elder brother beats her i called her dad many times but he dosnt talk to me now i want to take legal step against her family how can i take it? Please help me please


 10 Replies

Sagar (executive)     07 December 2012

we are adults she is 28yrs old and im 24 we have right to marry some of our choice can court help us because i know police cant do anything without court notice please guide me what can i do

max (businessman)     07 December 2012

Hello, I have filed a divorce petition from my wife on the basis of cruelty as i was threatened for 498/a....but before she could do that, i filed a petition....she actually was staying in my house but not sleeping in my room since 2 years, but i don't have any evidence to this.....right now she is at her parents house, but she is refusing to give me divorce and she has replied that she wants to come back...and now she has filed a case of section 9(rcr)... am just worried now that if it comes in her favor, can the court direct her to entre my house, as am worried about my parents as well....i read through breifs but could not understand the actual meaning of is it all about maintainence (money) and can i be forced by the court to stay with her?? i under any circumstances don't to. so please advise..

Samuel (CEO)     07 December 2012

Hello Sagar:

Your story is in preliminary stage at the doors knocking for Lawyers..,

This is a love story so far.., once you adults are married legally, you can for call protection legally. 

Need guidance from another love -married experts, try from your near by.

Good luck and all the best.


Samuel (CEO)     07 December 2012

Hello Max: Please start new thread  and experts will reply. (def)     07 December 2012

Its better if u ppl take her parents into confidence & delay ur marriage plans till they give consent. Its seen many a times that when things turn sour in a matrimoney, girl sides with her parents.......& such a combination proves to be a death-knell for boy+his parents

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     07 December 2012


File a Writ of Habeas Corpus at once in the Delhi High Court. The High Court shall take it up at once and order the police to produce your girlfriend in the Court and if it finds that indeed it was forcible and illegal detention – it shall set her free.


Advocate Bharat Chugh. 

Blog :,

Stay Connected on Facebook ! 


I am forced to doubt the authenticity of the advice given on LCI.Some answers given,in my view,is insensible.

Points,I want,to emphasize over-

1.The term "Habeas corpus" is a constitutional term.

2.Illegal detention means "Illegal Dentention by some public authority(who has power to produce the body before court)".

3.Under "Habeas corpus",the body in question must be produce before the court within 48 hours after arrest(Obviously by police or by the authoritive body given the power so)

4.For family matters,the writ in question cannot be filed.

To understand,the term "Ha. Corp.",one must read COI.

Unless,there is breach of fundamental rights by public authority,no question to invoke Writ mentioned



If your girlfriend is tortured by her family,she should go to nearest police station and file a complain.

I advise you not to get entangled in legal matters.Try the Social approach.

Best wishes

Sagar (executive)     14 December 2012

Thankyou, for all your replies.

My GF is in house since 8 months we are chatting with each other through a common frnd we are commited to eachother

Can i request to court to send a letter to her father to agree for our marriage becoz she told if she was forced to get married to someone else she will commit suicide

Can i take any help? can court send notice to her father requesting to agree for our marriage?


A strict "No"

No legal remedy does have your case.

Only social approach may help you.

[Last Reply to this thread]

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     16 December 2012

court can not do so.

say to your gf to do a 100 no.s call.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query