LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khem Chand (Others)     14 May 2014

Please expert advice

I am from West Bengal and need expert advice for below case.

Married about last 6 months in kolkata last Nov. the marriage not consumated for girls reasons and I filed case under section 12(A) for annulment. In response the girl and girl parent filed false 498 against me and me family in kolkata police station but I have all proof to prove that girl side filed false 498 case. Now the girl party wants to settle the case in finance.

Now my advocate advice me like this: He advice to settle case, but not through MCD but he wants case Sec12(A) filed by us to be X-Party. According to adv. this is good for us becase legally the marriage is disolved & in future their is nothing she can do for disolved marriage. He adviced that for settlement of the case, we will give cheque and an affedvit will signed by both party that this is the full and final payment for settlement and streedhan and no party in future can file any case on each other. Also my adv. adviced me that both parties will visit the police station in kolkata where the 498A is filed and will provide documents (like signed affedevit, cheque detail, etc) that the case is settled and will withdraw attaching all documents.

Also about case Sec 12(A) which we filed my adv. advice me that we get power of attorney from girl with her self attest ID proof and will make another advocate stand for her (because she dont want visit court) and will get this case Sec 12(A) X-Party.

Now my question is 1) Is the way my adv. advice above is good legal way to settle case.. he has suggested to get the 12(A) anulment case X-Party attaching with signed affedevits and not MCD.

2) What best way to pay, the cheque sould be post date?, to be pay after both cases (498A and Sec 12(A)) settlement? or some other way.

3) If the cheque is not post date and they withdrew the money is their way they can refuse the settlement after money withdrawn, provided they already signed settlement affedevit which says this cheque is against the full and final settlement of disolved/divorse marriage and all other items like streedhan is returned. According to my adv. he says if they does so, we can sue sec 420.

Learning

9 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     14 May 2014

why x party order 

498 cannot be withdrawn by your wife in the police station if fir is registered but a affidavit should be filed in the court  with all the documents and if court satisfied then court will order withdrawal

about payment you can give in the court hall with the affidavit and take the order 

Manoj Jain (worker)     14 May 2014

Sir I live in ajmer meri shadi 3 saal pehle huyi thhi, meri wife delivery pe ghar pe gayi aur phir wapas nahi aayi aur 3 month ke baad usne mujh pe lower court mein 125 ke tahat maintenance kar case kar diya aur ek saal baad 3,000 rupees mere bandh bhi gaye phir usne mujhe par dowry ka case kar diya aur mujhe 2 days ki jc mein jana pada aur ab usne mujhe par family court mein crpc 125 ke tahat case kiya hai sir main yeh jaan na chahta hoon ki kya do courts mein ek saath 125 ke tahat case chal sakte hai aur kya family court se maintenance shuru hone ke baad uski appeal ki jaa sakti hai ky please sir i am very much upset help me.......... thanks......

Kapil Gupta (Advocate)     14 May 2014

There can't be trial of the same case in two different courts simultaneously.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     14 May 2014

Khem if both the party is ready for that then the strategy of your advocate is good , but if fir is registered in 498a

Khem if both the party is ready for that then the strategy of your advocate is good , but if fir is registered in 498a then you have to face

Khem Chand (Others)     14 May 2014

Thanks for answer Mr. Joshi Sir.. We just received 1 notice for counseling.. I am not sure that weather the FIR is registered or not. Can you please suggest that getting first notice means FIR  registered??

khem if both the parties is ready for that then the strategy of your advocate is good, but if fir is registered in 498a then you have to face trial , there you submit your settlement documents and your affidavits if court satisfied on this then court give the permission to withdraw the case .

@manoj woh crpc125 ke do mukadme ek saath nahi chala shakti , jab hearing date aayegi tab judge shaab ko batana ki you are already paying maintenance to her u/s 125 crpc o.k.

Khem still fir is not registered , get in touch with your lawyer go accordingly as per his instructions .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register