Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MS (CEO)     21 April 2012

Please advise ungently

Dear Members,

Kindly shed some light. The house that we live is in my mother's name. She has filed a case in civil court against me and my wife to expel us. I and my wife are al;so contesting a divorce case in family court. She has even filed DV against me and my mother, howeverthe summons of DV have been served to me but not my mother.

In the civil court, being respondent no.2, my wife has challenged my mother's plea and is contesting the case. She filed an application stating that the house under question does nt come under this court's jurisdiction. 

The judge ordered mediation which was refused by my mother. My mother has multiple health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, thyroid. My wife constantly abuses and harasses everyone at home.

I have been advised to move out of the house and take a rented accomodation for the sake of my mother's health. Is it possible that if i move out and state in the civil court, that i have moved out, then my wife will be asked to come and stay with me , to let evryone live in peace?? I am willing to move out , but what steps can be taken to ensure that my wife laeves that house too??

if i shift out, will it imply that her matrimonial house has changed??

Or can she fight for right to residence under the false DV she has filed in family court only to harass us and not leave the aforesaid property??

Kindly advise. 

Learning

7 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     21 April 2012

If the house is in your mother's name she has every right to expel you and your wife. It will be better if you move out of your house on your own, it will further weaken the case of your wife.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     21 April 2012

The civil case and the dv case are different. If there are issues like territorial jurisdiction involved in the case then  they will have to be considered seperately. However you can admit the case of your mother in the civil suit and move out of the house.

MS (CEO)     21 April 2012

Please advise and guide me, about the procedure. I will be taking arented accomodation as I cannot afford buying a house in bombay. What course of action will be taken once I move out? Also, If i need to meet my parents or son or brother, can I visit them in their house or will I be banned from entering my mother;s house?

After how many days of my leaving will my wife be expelled from that house?

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     21 April 2012

you are at liberty to go and meet your brother,parents and son. your wife also needs to move out and live with her husband.

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     22 April 2012

your wife has no right on your mother's property.. your mom can kick both of you out.. Give your mom all the support because now a days delhi is full of sick educated women whose only desire in life is money and property and they are whole heartedly supported by their parents and our legal system

MS (CEO)     22 April 2012

Please advise what is the legal procedure? And who will inform her to move out?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register