Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ananya rai (student)     22 September 2013

Please advice

Hello everyone,

I request you

I am 21yrs old, residing in gujarat. Recently my parents found out about my live in relationship with my boyfriend. They tricked me and brought me home. Since then I am under house arrest. They are pressurizing me to marry someone else. they have also threatened to harm my boyfriend. I want to go back to my boyfriend but they have threatened us. Even if we marry, they will not let us live in peace and since they have all of my documents, we cannot marry legally. They can easily bribe the police since my parents are too powerful. Can I disown my family and lead my life in a way I want? If yes, what is the procedure? Apart from disowning, is there any other way through which i can protect both of us,. I am afraid that if matters are handed over to the police, they will hand over my custody to my parents because we cannot get married without the documents. My boyfriend is ready to help me with whatever he can. Please advice.

Learning

3 Replies

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     22 September 2013

You are 21 years old. Please, trust your parents' judgement about what is good for you. You are too young to decide these things for yourself. Having a live-in relationship at this tender age is not appropriate in our culture. I am a foreign citizen myself of Indian origin and not a villager. I am sufficiently westernised. So, please take my advise seriously. It is not because I am old-fashioned or something like that. Your parents are the ones who really care for you and will always care for you. They are the ones who raised you. Listen to them. 

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     22 September 2013

I REQUEST ALL MEMBERS HERE NOT TO GUIDE THIS YOUNG LADY TOWARDS LEGAL PROCEEDINGS BUT TO ADVISE HER KEEPING OUR CULTURE AND TRADITIONS IN MIND AND PARTICULARLY SO IN VIEW OF HER TENDER AGE.

Arun Shukla (Lawyer)     22 September 2013

Hello Ananya , Mr. Samir has said the bitter truth and you should go with the choice of your parents as there is no way-back in the life so first think before proceeding any more.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register