Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maruthy (Librarian)     16 December 2011

Planned to purchase the land from scheduled tribe

Hi Team


My name is Maruthy, Planned to Purchase the land from Scheduled Tribe people near Mysore, I have few doubt to purchase the land, which I found this forum as right to ask my queries, Requesting you to calrify my few doubts. As they have provided the xerox copy of Sale deed/Khatha/Receipt of few Bills for that Land, still they they have to give me EC document, 

The land belongs to one women she is separated from her husband, they have purchased it in 2009 now that Women are planning to sell,because of some financial need.

1) Do I need to ask the signature from her Husband aslo, as they are seeparated already.

2) How to know whether that land was provided from PTCL act/by the Govt

3) She is saying she has 2 childrens, do I need her childrens signature at the time of registration

4) They provided the 'true copy' (From Notery they prepared true copy, provided sale deed is not Original one)of the Sale deed, not the xerox copy of the Original, is that OK.

5) She said they have some finnancial problem to sell, how I want to know is that property is under litigation or not, as there is a chance from the previous Owner of that land , he or his side someone may raised the litigation

6) if they have undergone Loan for that property, how do I get to know, is it through EC 

(I am asked for the EC copy to them, still they are not provided that)

7) I want to knwo what all the required documents to purchase that land, which belongs to ST


Thanks & Regards



 2 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     16 December 2011

Mr maruthy ! I think following attachment may be helpful for you.

Attached File : 35888 234776 39 precaution to be taken while purchaging a land or peoperty.pdf downloaded: 663 times

Shashi Kumar Rana   29 September 2015

Dear Sir,

I am from jharkhand and i want to know that a ST person wants to sale hi land to me, then is any process to purchase the land is any way to purchase please guide me at the earliest.


Shashi Kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query