LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dhruv (other)     31 March 2014

Place to pick up child during visitation

Hey guys,

my separated wife stays about 15 km from where I stay. Which is the best place to pick up my child and drop him when judge gives me visitation rights?

- At her place (apartment with gated security guards)

- At a place in between e.g. a police station in presence of a policeman.

I do not want to give them a chance to file another false case on me and play safe. Any other tips to follow?


 6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     31 March 2014

The best place to pick up and drop child, when judge allows visitation rights, it would be mentioned n the order,  at her residence

2 Like

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     31 March 2014

The best place should be decided as per the facts of the case. It depends upon the relations between the parties. If there is proper mutual understanding and co-operation then, it can be the house of the wife also. But if there is no trust and there is fear of filing false cases then, it will be better if the place is away from her house and a neutral public place like school, garden, temple etc.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 March 2014

In the orders allowing the petition for visitation rights, the court will clearly mention the place of pick-up, meeting, time, and the period etc in detail as per the agreed terms and conditions which was reduced to writing and signed by both the sides, submitted to the court, so wait for the orders and abide by it accordingly.

1 Like

dhruv (other)     31 March 2014

Thank u, archana ji, vashisht ji and Kaliasalven ji

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 March 2014

You are welcome Mr.Dhruv.

Have a Heart Foundation (Sales & Mktng)     31 March 2014


In many such cases it is likely that,Child is not handed over independently as per courts order or the child will be tutored and may refuse to come.

It is better you pick and drop the child from a mall or any other public place ( her residence) a public place where there are CCTV cameras installed so that there are No false allegations made. Else, you can pick up the child from the building gate.

If the place of pickup & drop is at residence (not at all advisable) of the wife.. they will try to create evidence to show that the child does not want to meet father rather then encouraging the child to visit father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register