Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dkchhetri (General Secretary)     02 December 2010

PIL

SIR,

Urban Development and Housing Department of Govt. of Sikkim, set up a garbage treatment plant in a densly populated area in 2001. Till 2002 the treatment machine was working fine but now for last 4 years the machine stop working and and the area is no more a treatment plant area rather it turned into GARBAGE SUMPING AREA.

I did filed a RTI application regading the cost,status and employee of above mentioned plant.

what got in reply was as follows:

1) the cost of treatment machine was Rs 62.66 lac.

2) Department or Govt has not signed Annual Mantenance contract with the supplier company.

3)The department has employed 12 safai karmachari (sweeper and clean man) but has not employed any technician to operate those machines.

4)status of machines not working.

My questions are:

1)without machines in working condition how is it possible to treat garbage?

2) why govt. has not employed any technician to run machines.

3)why govt. did not signed AMC with the supplier.

4)if machines are not tobe used why waste such a huge amount of public money?

5)who will be responsible for epidemic that may spread in area due to piles of untreated garbage?

Citing above mentioned situation ,i want to file PIL in public interest in the  High of Sikkim, can any legal expert help me to file WRIT or PIL, or please send me some samples, or format  plz.

Learning

1 Replies

Viswanath (Student)     03 December 2010

"My questions are:

1)without machines in working condition how is it possible to treat garbage?

2) why govt. has not employed any technician to run machines.

3)why govt. did not signed AMC with the supplier.

4)if machines are not tobe used why waste such a huge amount of public money?

5)who will be responsible for epidemic that may spread in area due to piles of untreated garbage?"

My humble suggestion is, why not file another RTI application posing the above questions to the government?

When the answers to these questions from the government disclose huge loss of public money, then, you can file a writ petition against it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register