LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fight Back (Analyst)     19 March 2013

Phone calls from separated wife

Hi All,

I have follwoing cases against me

1. 498A (Was sent to Judial Custody) - Charges yet to be framed

2. Domestic Violence - Interim maintenace awarded

Both the cases were filed when my wife had gone to her home for maternity care.

And I have filed a divorce case. I have a 2 year old kid.

The problem is, recently my wife has been calling on my mobile and office upteen number of times and literally I'm getting harrased and bothered and its affecting my work as well.

Note: It has been 2 and 1/2 years since I had any contact with my wife.

She also messages me that my kid wants to speak to me, my kid is not well blah..blah...

But I'm sure that I dont want to take her back for any reason as I see her as a big threat to me and my family as she has harrased us many times for which I dont know the exact reasons.

What can I do to stop this harrasment? [I had already changed my number but somehow she got to know of it]

Any legal ways? Can I bring this up in any of the courts - DV, Family etc?

Thanks in advance.


 17 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     19 March 2013

you can send legal notice to her.

Reformist !!! (Other)     20 March 2013


where r all the cases filed ?

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     20 March 2013

No you cannot stop your wife from calling you.

Fight Back (Analyst)     20 March 2013

Cases are filed in Bangalore.

Fight Back (Analyst)     20 March 2013

Any particular reason Sir, that I cannot stop her from caling me?

Fight Back (Analyst)     20 March 2013

Any particular reason Sir, that I cannot stop her from caling me?

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     20 March 2013

She is not breaking any law in calling you.


I have sent a PM to you. follow that

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     20 March 2013

She is still your wife legally.So she has right to call you.

Reformist !!! (Other)     20 March 2013

Please record all her conversations. I dont think that after 498a u shud pick her calls. See incoming call details cannot be retreived easily. She may again implicate u in a call threatening case....pls avoid communication with her and if at all u have to attend her call, then record everything.

So dont let ur emotions come before you. She has already sent u to judicial custody.

delhibelly (someone)     20 March 2013

get a call blocker and block her no. that's it 

1 Like

stanley (Freedom)     20 March 2013

only option once again and you have already answered the same is to change you mobile no .

Amit (NA)     21 March 2013

I faced similar problem.

I changed my phone number but eventually I had to give the number to my relatives and friends. It was a matter of time before she came to know about my new number and she again started calling me. I blocked her number then she started sending me SMSes. I also filed a restraining case in family court but no action on that yet. I had to change the number again and keep it away from most of my relatives.



You could as well use the end call button on the cell !  Or another best option is to put phone in silent mode and let it keep ringing... How many times will she call? :-))

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads