IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Kumar (Finance Executive)     17 August 2011

Pf withdrawal

Dear Sir,

My father in law was a Govt employee. He passed away 6 months back. Now my mother has to withdraw the PF amount. Kindly help me in the following points:


1) Wanted to know whether my FIL's office will do the needful for her or she has to do it herself.

2) What documents does she have to collect from my FIL's office for submitting in PF office

3) How long will it take to get settled.


Thanking you in advance.



 2 Replies

Hemanth Kumar (student)     17 August 2011

Dear sir,

Please visit FIL office along with Mother in law, where you have to fill the required claim forms and sign, such form has to be signed along with office seal by authorized officer.

Mobile number / email id / Bank A/c No of Mother in Law is required to be mentioned in the claim form. Please submit  a xerox copy of Bank Pass book or you can also submit a  one VOID / cancel cheque instead of xerox copy of pass book.

Duly filled in claim form has to be submitted in the EPFO   office in your locality. The PF Settlement claim will be transfered into bank A/c  - (  not sure but it  may take time to 45 - 90 days )  

SMS alert will forwarded to your mobile no ( reagarding PF settlement claim and along with the cheque no )

with best regards


Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 August 2011

Hemanth has explained the process. Kindly follow the advice.

Your MIL can stake the claim if she is the nominee.

Kindly enclose a letter with PF withdrawal forms, addressed to concerned authority in the Govt. establishment where your FIL served, and request him to supply the acknowledgment issued by o/o PF commissioner, to you MIL by regd/speed post, and obtain acknowledgment on the copy of your letter under proper seal and signature. If they wish you may enclose a self addressed postage prepaid envelope for regd/speed post to you. You can track the claim status online also at www.epfindia.gov.in



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query