LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

remya (ACCOUNTANT)     25 November 2022

Pf death claim query

Dear sir/madam,

My cousin brother  passed away in 2017 and he was an employee of central government.And he was a divorcee and he has a son aged around 12 yrs .And in the divorce notice he has given compensation including his son education.

In PF he has given nominee as his mother because his father passed away his his young age itself.

For his moy he was the only son so she has given will to his sister daughter and unfortunately  recently his mother also passed.

Now we approached His company for claim petetiion they told me to provide succession certificate.

Before moving for anything I want to check  if I go for claim pf whether I will get or his son.



 3 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     26 November 2022

You are not successor of your cousin, your cousin's son is alive and he is only successor of his father and entitled to get any compensation from company or bank deposits of his father.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 November 2022

the facts, as posted, are rather disjointed.

Is the employer the Company or the Central Government? Is it PF or EPF?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2022

what about pension of minor child.


if nominee has died then it is rightful for the dpett to seek succession certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register